Sunday, 20 May 2012

Wilton's Music Hall

Last night, draped in as much sparkle and eye kohl as I could muster, I taxied down to Wilton's Music Hall to see The Great Gatsby. Late and flustered, the usher found me a pew. The beauty of the decayed interior distracted me from the play, which bounced along fairly quickly to intermission. I grabbed a punch whilst friends sipped on Mint Juleps, Sidecars and other nostalgic coktails in keeping with the eve. I heard some average reviews of the play, but in the setting I was transported to its era when amateur dramatics and music Halls were the hot entertainment. I loved it! After the play we danced to the jazz band whilst Charleston experts put us to shame. I didn't take any pictures but thought I'd share some of the web that capture the spirit.

Mia Farrow as Daisy Buchannan
Wilton's Music Hall requires funding for completion of their restoration to make the property structurally sound. See here.

No comments: